Monday, August 16, 2010

Very possible we have another girl on the way......

So today the family and I went to the hospital because I had a nuchal translucency test scheduled which includes a small prick of the finger and a sonogram. To my surprise, the staff was more than welcoming to myself, my husband, and our 3 children-even handed out lollipops to keep them busy while they watched their sibling on the big screen! I will begin by saying that spiderman has been convinced he will be getting a brother since we told him the news of another baby on the way. The sonographer told us today that she believes it is a girl but because it is so early (12 weeks) she can't be 100percent sure. Immediately, spiderman was in denial and voiced his opinion.....he saw a baby brother on that screen, not a sister.


It was awesome to see how excited Chris was to see his newest baby. It was just as exciting for him as the other sonograms he has been through. For me, it was truly magical to have all 3 of our children there with us. I believe spiderman will get through this. He made up a song this evening with the guitar and the lyrics went something like this "so happy so happy because i love you i love you (repeat), we went to the hospital, it was so hot out, and my dada came. the hospital said it was a baby sister and i was so blue but its okay because i'm so happy so happy because i love you and your in my heart"I will try to have him perform again and catch it on video!

3 comments:

  1. I am very excited! I think it will be so fun when they are older and we have holidays and big family gatherings at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely idea for a blog, Kathryn. It is a true pleasure to get a peek into the life you've made for yourself. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Christy! I love looking at your pictures of your beautiful family! Makes me laugh when I think about us back in the day....if you are ever in this area, please contact me-I would love to catch up!

    ReplyDelete