Wednesday, August 18, 2010

12 week appointment-pass?

Today was my scheduled 12 week appointment. I woke up with a migraine which is very common these days and could barely keep my eyes open from exhaustion, which unfortunately, is also very common these days. Good news is I was able to refill my prescription for tylenol #3 with codeine which seems to be the only thing that works these days. My appointment with the neurologist is at the end of the month so hopefully I will get some answers. Answers are very important to me.



 For example, I was hoping and praying for an answer to my exhaustion. I have never been this exhausted before during a pregnancy. Jojobean is older than Spiderman now when I was pregnant with her (hope that made sense), luckily I have Jaz to help with the kids on her summer break, Chris has been going above and beyond in the evenings, and I have given up my solo late evenings that I cherished to instead hit the pillow so what gives? Well, apparently, nothing. "Every pregnancy is different-it's just the hormones that are making you tired, your blood tests are fine". I was really hoping for something very minor of course that could easily be taken care of and my energy would return.

Spiderman accompanied me to my appointment this morning, I figured the more he bonds with his newest possible sister, the less he will be disappointed when a baby brother isn't presented in Feb:) Of course he was full of many questions especially when we were in the bathroom and I began to collect urine in a little plastic cup. "Is that my baby sister peeing?" Speaking of urine, I had protein in mine but my blood pressure is fine. Again, no real answers....just that they will keep an eye on it. I know that high blood pressure + protein in urine is a sign of preeclampsia which I had with my first pregnancy.    Just wish I had an answer for the protein without high blood pressure now. I can be a little annoying and impatient but I just like to know what's going on. Now that I am done venting, let me list the things I am thankful for today:




*this day at home with my children
*the rain
*the healthy heartbeat of my newest baby
*medicine refill


My questions for all you moms out there (pregnant now or not), any home remedies for exhaustion besides sleep? Did you have protein in your urine during the early stages and what came of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment