Saturday, September 04, 2010

Moving right along...

In the last couple of weeks, I have noticed a change in all 3 of our children. Jazz is becoming a full blown teenager and will make that a fact when she turns 13 in early October. Jojobean has been throwing full blown tantrums as a 2 year old should and is less than one month away from turning 2 and then we have Spiderman-truly becoming "all boy" in every way possible but also surprisingly growing up in a funny kind-of way.



Jazz will ask my opinion on MANY things from what should she order for lunch to what shirt to buy? And 9 1/2 times out of 10-she picks the OPPOSITE of what I say. WHY EVEN ASK ME? Funny thing is, I faintly remember doing this to my mom as a teenager and her maybe even commenting on it. When we tell her, "time to go to bed", "turn the tv off", "put the book away", etc... it's always, "okay, 1 min". 1 minute is never truly 1 min but when we give her the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th reminder, the answer is always the same with a slight attitude in "ooookay". I'm sorry but really? Why does she think this is okay? I especially love when she tells me any drama going on with her friends-I give her advice-she never takes it. I just don't get it. Does she just want me to listen and not respond? Is that my job now? According to her, I pretty much know nothing and am old as dirt in a humorous sorta way.

Spiderman has turned into the definition of a boy and it worsens if he is around any other species similar to him in age. Why is this? Why is it that when you put 2 or more 4 year old boys together they can immediately go WWF? He can definitely play nicely and is very imaginative but the second a boy wants to roughhouse with him, he is all about it and it makes me so freaking nervous!!! I'm really not a fan-not at all. What makes it worse is when you have those moms that really don't pay attention to their 7-8 year old sons who want to play this way with my son and he just eats it up because he loves friends! My husband tells me this is just the way boys play-well I'm not a fan and don't think I ever will be.  It's not just the horsing around that has changed but the obsession with bugs-dead or alive. And if they are alive, why not just stomp them to their death? disgusting. The nice thing about where Spiderman is (turning 4 in Nov) is his compassion for his sisters tantrums and his willingness to do anything to make her stop. He has been so giving when really she just wants her way and he knows that but it doesn't matter to him.

Then we have the terrible 2's approaching, actually they are here-full blown. I was thinking about it the other day and then had a conversation with my husband today because he has been working a lot lately and has missed the entertainment of the tantrums in the last 2 weeks. Jojo is our baby and has that role perfected-does she know there is another baby on the way? My guess is in addition to just turning 2 and all the loveliness that comes with, she is trying to make herself be heard in our family and to have a bigger role. There are 2 other siblings and her brother did demand tons of attention the last 2 years so maybe this is her way of making sure we know she is here and she has her own mind and would like to use it. Whatever it is, I hear you girl-ease up a little....please!

Last night, I found out that an old friend from high school is also pregnant with her fourth child but her oldest is around 4 1/2 I believe. So I started thinking who has it easier? The one who is going to have 4 children under the age of 5 (good luck my friend!) or the one with 3 age 4 and under and a teenager. Don't get be wrong Jazz is a HUGE help with her siblings but this is my first time raising a teenager so I am learning and struggling as I go. I never came to a conclusion except that I think we are both truly blessed.

Funny thing is I am a planner in all other aspects of life. I don't like surprises and I always plan ahead. Yet here I find myself pregnant, a hormonal teenager, a wild boy, and the terrible two's stage! I can assure you I didn't plan this one:) Nonetheless, I love my family, I love my children and couldn't be happier or more stressed than I am right at this moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment