Thursday, December 02, 2010

Hand Christmas Tree

Here is one of my favorite crafts to do with the kids this season. You can change it up according to the age of the child. For older kids, I like to write "I love..." on the star at the top of the tree and then have them tell me in their own words 14 people/things that they love and write an answer on each hand.



For younger children, you can simply put a picture of them at the top and have them decorate the rest of the tree with ornaments, stickers, etc.

You can either make green hand prints on white paper, cut out and glue as tree or to make it a little easier, you can just trace their hands on green paper and glue as tree.

This year, I am doing some of each. I am going to keep one for myself and send some out as gifts. I am sharing this craft first because it is actually what we sent to Nick (see previous blog entry) since he won't be participating in the family tree tradition they have or his birthday.
If you have a craft you would like to share with the rest of us, PLEASE do! The picture below is one that superman did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment