Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Preterm labor, again

Last Thursday morning as I was sitting down at my desk and writing a check for school lunch to give Jasmin that morning, I felt it. A true painful contraction that just took place everywhere in my stomach. It hurt so bad I had to catch my breath. Jasmin asked if she should stay, I of course told her no, it's fine-don't miss your bus.


Sure enough every 5-8 min for the next 2 hours, the contractions continued. Eventually, I called the doctor to see if I could maybe be seen there in the office (10min away) rather than the alternative; labor and delivery which is 30min away. Of course, they ordered me to labor and delivery. My mom showed up here soon after. Chris was at work in DC and was suppose to be leaving there for Baltimore that evening into Friday night.

Once I arrived at the hospital, my contractions were 3-4 min apart. I was given 2 shots of Terbutaline to once again stop labor. I spent about 6 hours in the hospital that day and so did the bean and superman. My mom didn't want to leave, afraid I would be having a baby on my own! What is it with this little girl? She must be as impatient as I am!

Thank goodness for a friend of Jasmin's and her mom who took care of Jasmin and had her spend the night so she could go to school the next day. My mom kidnapped me and the little ones Thursday night after our hospital ordeal and we headed to her house so she could be near me. Chris returned from Baltimore Friday night, picked up his best buddy at mamaw's and went home to take care of Jasmin.

To make a very long story short, my mother once again came to the rescue, thanks momma! She came to the house Saturday afternoon with us and did a million loads of laundry, cooked, cleaned, cared for, etc. I am feeling very rested and was blessed with a snow day today so Jasmin is home to help with the kids for a little while until she ventures to hang out with friends and work on homework.

So mostly, this is to update my friends and family who may or may not have heard out latest exciting news! I went for a quick follow up yesterday and a midwife told me to try taking magnesium to help my body calm down (contractions and headaches to ease up). Have you ever taken magnesium for that? I will let you know how it works-I have high hopes! We have tests planned for Jan 26th (mom's birthday) and if all looks good, labor will not be stopped if it starts after that:):):):)

No comments:

Post a Comment